WEST LONDON | BERKSHIRE | MIDDLESEX | SURREY | BUCKINGHAMSHIRE | HERTFORDSHIRE | HOME COUNTIES
Free Basement Costs Consultation
Save 10+ Hours of Research – We Advise on Everything You Need on your Basement Journey
There are many things that affect the cost of basements, these include:
- How many light wells are required and how large do they need to be?
- Is External access required?
- What is the desired headroom? (This typically varies from 2.2m to 3.5m generally)
- What internal lighting is required?
- Is drainage needed for showers and/or toilet facilities?
- Do you require underfloor heating?
- What type of waterproofing system is required?
- What level of access do we have to the basement for the removal of spoil and the
- Storage of materials during the works?
- What are the ground conditions like? Is the floor below the water table?
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
These are just a few of the factors to consider but some rough guideline costs are as follows and
- Reducing the floor level in a 2 room basement, underpinning the walls and fitting lightwells, approx £80,000 – £120,000
- Excavating a retrofit basement or basement
digoutwhere no basement exists, underpinning the walls etc, for 2/3 rooms and a shower room from £100,000 – £150,000
- Excavating and casting a basement on a
built property, from £150,000 new
- Excavating and installing a basement swimming pool and gym from £400,000
Bedrooms – A common strategy is to set up a couple of extra bedrooms in the basement for guests. This is especially beneficial for families that love to entertain on a regular basis. You can easily have guests stay over without disrupting the family space above. Basement bedrooms can also come in handy if you have older kids that cannot share bedrooms anymore. You could even add a small kitchenette and bathroom for convenience.
Children’s Play Areas – When looking at modern basement design photos; one common idea is to set up a play area for kids. This area often consists of soft flooring, such as a rug or wooden floor, and colorful easy-to-reach storage for toys and games. You can use colourful and playful décor to separate it from the rest of the basement space.
Entertainment – In another area of the basement, you could add a play area for adults. This usually includes setting up a pool table and a dart board on the wall. You can also get a table tennis table if pool is not your thing. Another great idea is to set up a video game center.
Bars – While everyone is having all this fun, there will be a desire for refreshments. Don’t forget to set up a full bar where you can stock juices and other beverages for the kids and something stronger for the adults. You can even combine it with a kitchenette where you can prepare a few snacks.
Also don’t forget home gyms, wine cellars, theatres and work from home offices. The ideas are endless. Your goal should be to get as much value from the space as possible. If your basement is small, use it to fill a void such as an extra bedroom or additional organised storage space. If it is big, find several fun ways you can utilize the space and add value.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE BASEMENT PROJECT PICTURES
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION
WHY CHOOSE US
– 5 Year Warranty on Workmanship
– Every Project is Run by a Team of People
– Easy Online Scheduling Software Program
– We are Passionate About Educating Homeowners
– We Return Phone Calls and Emails Promptly
– We Give Honest Advice to Our Clients
– Abide by Construction Industry Code of Ethics
– High Rated Reviews by Third Party Websites
– Simply Put . . . We Care and Want You Happy
By Raj Banga., Google Review
“Great efficient service overall. Found the team to be friendly and helpful particularly Sop Samay. Will recommend to others and use again..”
By Melissa Gray., Google Review